v0.4.0 and a New Tutorial!
A notable change is the internal debugger. It also has handy QR codes so you can test your games on mobile devices that are in your local network.
Another improvement comes to tiles. They got faster, layers can now be hidden or moved to a new depth, and a new method ct.place.tile comes, that allows you to test collisions between copies and tiles! An updated Greed demo already uses it. Level design got much more easier!
The whole room editor got a bit better. You can now move around by holding the middle mouse button and spawn multiple copies or tiles at once by holding the Shift key.
Some more good news is that ct.js is now capable of turning ES6 to ES5, so your games are now more widely supported.
Happy coding for you all!
Below goes a list of all the changes.
⚡ General Improvements
- Add a room's name to its properties in the exported project
- Add a Shift modifier to place multiple copies or tiles at a room at once
- Add conversion to ES5
- Add QR codes and local addresses to the preview window
- Add tile culling
- Disable scaling and set proper width on mobile devices. Combine it with ct.fittoscreen to make your games mobile-ready (graphically)
- More consistent and intuitive tile and copy placement on grids in room editor
- More consistent behavior of ct.fittoscreen
- Move room templates to a JS object ct.rooms.templates
- Reorder room creation process to allow modifying room's view by copies' On Create code
✨ New features
- Handling of copy-tile collisions with
- Integrated debugger
- Show/hide certain tile layers
- Add a Platformer tutorial example project and its assets
- Update Catformer demo
- Update Catsteroids demo
🐛 Bugs Fixed
- Clean up logical assets after deleting a type or a graphical asset
- Fix checkboxes on the Settings tab not showing their saved state
- Fix HTML / CSS minification not working
- Fix preloader and random startup errors
- Room editor: Fix Shift and Ctrl modifiers working after a context menu was called.
💄 UI Improvements
- A bit better buttons
- Fix copy palette being visible on room's events screen
- Prevent clipping of sprite sheet settings at graphics editor on smaller screens. Move collision shape show/hide control to the left column.
- Tile editor improvements
- Add a Platformer tutorial
- Add info about ct.js engine to docs' homepage
- Document ct.place.tile
- 📄 License: Remove edit prohibition for 3rd party libraries
- 💬 Rename 'Graphic' to 'Graphics'
- 🔖 Bump ct.fittoscreen version
- 🚚 🍱 Move SpaceShooter demo to a better location
- 🍱 Add a simple .desktop file for linux