Absolutely stunning game.. I loved the visuals, the music and the atmosphere! A very big well done to the creator! :) If you would like to see what this game is about or would just like to enjoy a let's play on this game; then please feel free to check out my video here: :)
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Afterlight is an ethereal puzzle and it features unique gameplay with mind-blowing riddles.
The game is split up into levels, and each one is a riddle itself. You start with an empty world and an exit door, but it's not so simple. You reveal the path by shooting magic and gathering the shards to make a complete picture.
The game is suitable for all ages and has English and Russian language support. 20 levels form a gameplay with duration for an hour (or even more!). All levels can be replayed in either order if unlocked.
After a week of fighting with engine I made it! *hooray* Test it, send to your friends and please tell me if something bad happens. If not, please tell me too :)
Known issue: the game path should contain only standard ASCII symbols (that means no diactric symbols, no non-english letters, only latin ones and digits). A desktop folder should work well.
You need keyboard and a mouse.
- Use your mouse to look around;
- WASD to move;
- Left mouse button to shoot magic ✨
- Spacebar to jump;
- Esc or P key to pause;
- Supported platforms: Windows Vista and higher, Linux;
- Minimal required storage: ~320 Mb for Windows, 700+ Mb for Linux;
- The game requires video card that supports DirectX 10 or above (this is for Windows; Linux binaries are shipped with OpenGL support);
- Recommended video card is Nvidia GeForce GT 650m and its analogs (works smoothly with high quality on my laptop);
- The minimal requirements for video card are NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
- Windows requires Engine Prerequisites which you will find in Game Folder\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe (or x32).
|Published||1 year ago|
|Author||Cosmo Myzrail Gorynych|
|Tags||3D, Atmospheric, Colorful, Difficult, Exploration, First-Person, Minimalist, Puzzle-Platformer, Relaxing, unreal-engine|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Beautiful game you have here. I loved the piano.
Afterlight looks very nice and well done but the pixel (well, polygon) hunting gets very annoying nearly immediately to me I'm afraid (which seems to be the main mechanic?).
I like to throw around the "this game is an experience/work of art" card on this channel. It's not that I'm loose in throwing it out left and right, but because I mean it when I say it.
That said, Afterlight is an experience.
It's a refreshing game. It still presents a bit of a puzzle challenge, but it doesn't challenge you the way most puzzlers do. It's like yoga compared to wind sprints: you end up mentally refreshed instead of mentally wasted.
The graphics are minimalistic to the point it's almost art. The controls are basic, nothing to write home about by any means, but it works for a game like this. What makes this game is the music though. The ethereal piano of hitting the orbs mixed with the relaxing background music perfectly sets the atmosphere.
An escape from reality. That's Afterlight in a nutshell.